- New book on the geology of Alnö. 2018-08-15
- Multi-level magma plumbing at Agung and Batur volcanoes increases risk of hazardous eruptions on Bali. 2018-08-13
- Malgorzata Moczydlowska-Vidal 2018-07-10
- Generous software donation to Uppsala University 2018-07-06
- the Crafoord Prize to three Earth Science students 2018-06-25
- Nermina Saracevic was awarded the Global Swede diploma 2018-06-25
Roger has been awarded a large EU grant on Raw Materials research
Are you interested in our planet, its evolution through time, the environment and a sustainable future? At the Department of Earth Sciences you learn about the processes and events that have built and continue to shape the conditions of Earth. Using this as a point of departure for understanding the complex world we live in, and how we effect it, is one of the great challenges of mankind.
Our research ranges from the Earth's core to the atmosphere, from microscopic minerals and fossils to the formation of mountains and oceans, and in time from the formation of the Earth up to the processes currently reshaping the planet. We map the development of Earth and life over billions of years and study the relationship between the atmosphere and the oceans with regard to climate change and sustainable development.