- Represent the Departmend of Earth Sciences at the traditional River Rafting! 2017-03-21
- Abigail deltar på vetenskapsfestivalen SciFest 2017-03-06
- Historiska synder kommer upp till ytan 2017-02-16
- Auli Niemi forskar om framtidens koldioxidlagring 2017-01-30
- The secret of the supervolcano Toba 2017-01-25
- North-South divide in science may hinder action on climate change 2017-01-04
Ahead of the Curve
Seminar series on science communication
Are you interested in our planet, its evolution through time, the environment and a sustainable future? At the Department of Earth Sciences you learn about the processes and events that have built and continue to shape the conditions of Earth. Using this as a point of departure for understanding the complex world we live in, and how we effect it, is one of the great challenges of mankind.
Our research ranges from the Earth's core to the atmosphere, from microscopic minerals and fossils to the formation of mountains and oceans, and in time from the formation of the Earth up to the processes currently reshaping the planet. We map the development of Earth and life over billions of years and study the relationship between the atmosphere and the oceans with regard to climate change and sustainable development.