- New research supports volcanic origin of Kiruna-type iron ores 2019-04-12
- Represent the Department of Earth Sciences at the traditional Uppsala River Rafting! 2019-03-13
- “Sensors will detect small movements in the rock” 2019-02-05
- Stort vulkanutbrott utanför Skottland kan ha bidragit till förhistorisk global uppvärmning 2019-01-25
- Unveiling Earth’s floodplains: a new tool that provides global topographic datasets 2019-01-23
- Chin-Fu Tsang Coupled Processes Award 2019-01-22
- Unfortunately there are no upcoming events at this time
Are you interested in our planet, its evolution through time, the environment and a sustainable future? At the Department of Earth Sciences you learn about the processes and events that have built and continue to shape the conditions of Earth. Using this as a point of departure for understanding the complex world we live in, and how we effect it, is one of the great challenges of mankind.
Our research ranges from the Earth's core to the atmosphere, from microscopic minerals and fossils to the formation of mountains and oceans, and in time from the formation of the Earth up to the processes currently reshaping the planet. We map the development of Earth and life over billions of years and study the relationship between the atmosphere and the oceans with regard to climate change and sustainable development.