Our research in Svalbard
In response to sea-ice retreat, climate conditions in Svalbard are changing at an amplified rate compared to the global mean. We study the impact of changing climate conditions on snow conditions and the state of glaciers in Svalbard. Our research includes data analysis and numerical modelling and relies heavily on observational data collected during field campaigns. Collectively, our research covers a wide range of glaciological subjects, including from firn processes, ice dynamics, mass balance modelling, basal sliding and snow chemistry.
- Firn processes on Lomonosovfonna
- Basal conditions of Kronebreen
- Mass balance, melt and runoff modelling
- Dynamics of Nordenskiöldbreen
- Snow chemistry and stratigraphy