- The European Research Council grants 1.5 M Euro to Gabriel Messori´s climate reasearch 2020-09-03
- Natural ponds crucial for both biodiversity and climate 2020-09-02
- New film welcoming our students 2020-08-20
- Geovetenskap borde vara ett skolämne 2020-08-05
- Följ oss i sociala medier 2020-07-22
- Vi är bäst på vatten 2020-07-08
Film about our department
Are you interested in our planet, its evolution through time, the environment and a sustainable future? At the Department of Earth Sciences you learn about the processes and events that have built and continue to shape the conditions of Earth. Using this as a point of departure for understanding the complex world we live in, and how we effect it, is one of the great challenges of mankind.
Our research ranges from the Earth's core to the atmosphere, from microscopic minerals and fossils to the formation of mountains and oceans, and in time from the formation of the Earth up to the processes currently reshaping the planet. We map the development of Earth and life over billions of years and study the relationship between the atmosphere and the oceans with regard to climate change and sustainable development.