- Discovery of world’s oldest DNA breaks record by one million years 2022-12-08
- Calendar created from winning weather images 2022-12-05
- Listen to Sverker C. Jagers inaugural lecture 2022-11-28
- Gabriele Messori promoted to Professor in Meteorology 2022-11-17
- Is building more dams the way to save rivers? 2022-10-12
- Can the power of biota bring rocks to the front of climate solutions? 2022-09-12
The Department of Earth Sciences at Uppsala University has over 280 employees and teaches aound 3700 students every year. Our focus is on research which means that 75% of what we do is research and 25% is education. Around 30 nationalities are represented at the department.
Read more about the Department.
Research and education in sustainable development at the Department of Earth Sciences rests on an interdisciplinary approach to UN´s 17 sustainability goals regarding Earth science, natural resources and society.
Read more about how we work with sustainable development.