Ongoing Research at NRHU
Environment, Nature and Society
The Environment, Nature and Society research section concentrates on interactions between humans and nature. We apply interdisciplinary approaches and a wide variety of natural and social science research methods. These approaches involve social-ecological systems, natural resource management, governance, and sustainability analysis. We also work with environmental policies and Sustainable Development Goals, practical application of the ecosystem services concept, biodiversity conservation and restoration, nature and fishing tourism development, and environmental conflicts. Our work is conducted in collaboration with stakeholders at different governance levels, from local communities and organisations to governmental authorities. Our main focal systems include coastal habitats, pollution, fisheries and aquaculture systems.
- Treasure, targeting emerging contaminated sediments along the uplifting northern Baltic coast of Sweden for remediation.
- Ecosystem services, recreational fisheries and sustainable seafood
Global Energy Systems
Within the Global Energy Systems Group we analyze the world's energy systems from a multidisciplinary perspective. Geological research is intertwined with technical, economic and social research to describe, understand and model how energy systems change over time and how they interact with economy, environment and society.
Ongoing Research Projects
- Disassembling the power of high-carbon imaginaries
- Integrating regional carbon budgets into regional climate policy
- SubCity: Future imaginaries of the city subsurface
Read more about our Projects and Researchers.