- Coming to Uppsala University from abroad.
- Going on an exchange program from Uppsala University.
- The department´s exchange agreements.
How to apply
The Department of Earth Sciences offer more than one hundred courses taught in English each year. The courses cover all our fields of study and at all levels:
- Earth Sciences
- Sustainable Develeopment
- Energy Transition
- Wind Energy
If you are interested in coming to our department there are a few things you must do.
- You should first make sure that your home department/university has established a bilateral agreement with us.
- If they have, you must apply according to the procedure at your home university.
- Your home university must nominate you in order for you to be accepted by Uppsala University.
Ready with all the steps? Then you can complete the application via this link.
Our courses for exchange students are all taught in English (see link below). Please contact the departmental Coordinator of Exchange studies if you have questions or wish to know more about which courses suit you. Housing is provided by Uppsala University Housing Office. You apply for housing on a special form provided by your coordinator after receiving your nomination/application.
Information and contact
Contact our coordinator for exchange studies:
Wonder what it is like here in Sweden?
As a student at the Department of Earth Sciences you have the opportunity to study at one of our 12 European partner universities. Take the chance to study abroad and learn a new language, meet new people and get to know a new culture.
We want more students to discover the benefits of going on an exchange. If you are granted a position for exchange studies you are also expected to participate in activities to encourage others to study abroad, which includes writing a report after your exchange.
Whether you know where you want to go or if you are just curious to find out more about studying abroad, contact the coordinator for exchange studies:
If you are tempted to travel outside of Europe you can contact the Division for Internationalisation where you can apply to exchange studies all over the world. You can also go via the Teknat faculty.
Apart from exchange studies, you can also apply for a scholarship to do an internship abroad (Erasmuspraktik).
Note! The application should contain everything in the list below.
Application opens 15/1 and closes 15/2 2021 (for exchange autumn 2021 and/or spring 2022).
Your application will be judged by the Coordinator of Exchange studies, the Head of studies on basic and advanced level, and a teacher representative. All parts of your application will be taken into consideration when the exchange positions are filled.
- Academic Purpose Statement, the essay should be maximum of 600 words and written in English. Why you in particular? Why there in particular? How does the exchange contribute to your future?
- Transcript of records (from all your university studies)
- List of universities, you can not apply to solely one university, you have to apply to a minimum of three universities. List the universities in order of priority or, if you wish, prioritize all universities equally.
- Course proposal, a preliminary choice of courses for each university you apply to. Often only the previous year's courses are available on the partner university's websites. Make your choice from one of these courses. You will make your final choice once you have been accepted, and sometimes when you arrive at the exchange university.
IRELAND: Dublin Trinity College
NETHERLANDS: Amsterdam VU
NORWAY: University of Stavanger
POLAND: Krakow University
SPAIN: Oviedo Universida